CHICAGO — Trade Show Executive is pleased to announce that it has named a core group of prestigious trade show leaders to head TSE’s first Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Task Force. The goal was to create a DEI Task Force of known advocates for DEI initiatives within their own organizations and the industry as a whole.
“Our readers are asking for great insights and coverage on this very important issue,” Gabrielle Weiss, Trade Show Executive’s Vice President and Editor-in-Chief, said. “Many see the value of incorporating or mandating a diverse team and still others are being asked to rise to the occasion and our industry is seeing changing demographics in exhibitors, attendees and shows. I am exceedingly grateful to the generosity of leaders on our task force. They are dedicated, serious and curious.”
TSE welcomes the inaugural TSE DEI Task Force members:
- Fernando Fischer, President, Americas, Reed Exhibitions
- Lew Shomer, President and CEO, Shomex Productions
- Nancy Walsh, President — North America, Informa Markets
- Greg Topalian, CEO, Clarion UX and Leftfield Media
- Hervé Sedky, President and CEO, Emerald
- Manolita Moore, MBA,Vice President, Exhibit Sales & Operations, North American Veterinary Community (NAVC)
- Alice Mathu, CEM, CMP,Vice President Exhibitions, Conference and Sales, International Association of Amusement Parks and Attractions (IAAPA)
- Rochelle Richardson, CEM, Senior Vice President, Exhibition and Event Services, Avixa
This core group, which will grow over time, will guide editorial direction and seek to illuminate how trade show executives can incorporate diversity into their ranks while improving revenue and reflecting the changing demographics of their audiences.
The creation of the task force comes on the heels of Trade Show Executive winning a silver Tabbie Award for the story, “The Time is Now” featuring Ron Walden, Reed Exhibitions USA’s first Global Executive Sponsor for Race.
“The award shows us that we have had a good start on our DEI coverage, and with this forward-thinking initiative we can continue to progress with content that is impactful for our readers and our industry,” Weiss said.
Reach Gabrielle Weiss at 312-493-7753 or email@example.com