DETROIT – Top electric vehicle and energy industry leaders have been appointed to the EV Exchange Conference Advisory Board, and Visit Detroit and ASM Global have signed on as partnering sponsors.
The brainchild of MAD Event Management and Sitarian Corporation, The Electric Vehicle + Energy Infrastructure Innovation & Sustainability Exchange (the EV Exchange, or EVX), will be held at Detroit’s Huntington Place convention center on June 22, 2022.
President Biden’s goal of EV sales encompassing 50% of auto sales by 2030 makes this collaboration and conference vital.
Joining the EVX Advisory Board are:
- Benjamin Burns, Director, DTE Energy
- Phil Jones, Executive Director, Alliance for Transportation Electrification
- Alex Keros, Director, EV Infrastructure Development, General Motors
- Robert Magee, Executive Director, The Engineering Society of Detroit
- Bob McClintock, Executive Vice President, Convention Centers at ASM Global
- Claude Molinari, President and CEO, Visit Detroit
- Trevor Pawl, Chief Mobility Officer, State of Michigan
- Jim Saber, CEO, NextEnergy
- Dan Scripps, Chair, Michigan Public Service Commission
- Laura Sherman, President, Michigan Energy Innovation Business Council
- Tim Slusser, Chief of Mobility Innovation, City of Detroit Mayor’s Office
- Glenn Stevens, Executive Director, MICHAuto
This illustrious group will join the management teams of MAD Event Management and Sitarian to help create content and strategy for EVX.
The EV Exchange focuses on three key electric vehicle and energy stakeholder communities: electric vehicle manufacturers and suppliers; energy, utilities and other infrastructure entities needed to create a backbone to enable an influx of EVs; and state, local and federal regulatory and policy agencies.
“The EV Exchange conference is the first of its kind to join key stakeholders in EV and mobility implementation. They will include those involved in the energy grid, manufacturers, tech and ancillary product manufacturers like batteries, charging stations and more,” Martha Donato, Founder and President of MAD Event Management, said. “This think-tank style meeting is happening in the automotive capital of the world, Detroit. We’re receiving a high level of support from the city and looking forward to continuing our relationship and bringing this conference to Motor City for many years to come.”
As the heart of the American automotive industry, it is apropos that this conference is being held in Detroit.
“As electrification becomes crucial to the future of automobility, the EV Exchange is the perfect vehicle for Detroit to command center stage as the world leader in automotive innovation,” Claude Molinari, CEO of Visit Detroit, said. “We are so proud to host this world-class event.”