Oceanside, CA – The growth of trade shows and technology will be saluted in Orlando this Spring at the inaugural Trade Show Executive (TSE) Fastest 50™ Awards and the TSE Innovation Zone™ designed and sponsored by Freeman. “The creators and producers of the nation’s fastest-growing shows deserve industry recognition and a celebration for successfully growing their shows in these tough times,” said Diane Bjorklund, VP of events for Trade Show Executive Media Group.
The event will be held March 9-11, 2011 at the Rosen Shingle Creek Resort. The luxurious property is located on a 230-acre site overlooking the picturesque Shingle Creek and award-winning Shingle Creek Golf Club.
The event will be an annual forum for the leaders of the fastest-growing trade shows worldwide and the entrepreneurs behind the hottest technology breakthroughs in the exhibition industry.
In addition to honoring the organizers of the 50 U.S. shows that grew the most in 2010, TSE will present crystal trophies to 12 Grand Award winners. Seven organizers from the U.S. will be spotlighted for growing their shows above the benchmarks in net square feet of exhibit space, exhibitors and attendance. Some will take top honors for dramatic increases in percentage of growth and others for growth in sheer numbers. Five organizers from Canada, Latin America, Europe, Asia and The Middle East will also be honored.
“We did not want to limit the awards to the shows which grew only percentage-wise because that tends to favor the smaller shows,” said Darlene Gudea, president of Trade Show Executive Media Group. “As a result, we will present some of the Grand Awards to those shows which grew in sheer numbers.” [See sidebar below for the 12 categories]. “Another goal of TSE’s Fastest 50 is to facilitate global networking and enable show organizers to swap ideas with the leading show organizers worldwide,” she said. “The TSE Grand Awards will also honor the growth leaders in Canada, Latin America, Europe, Asia and the Middle East.”
Summit on Success
The Fastest 50 Summit will feature fast-paced sessions on best practices, case studies and issues facing show managers in what will be the second year of the economic recovery. Organizers of the fastest-growing shows will share the strategies and tactics that made their success stories possible. A live version of the popular TSE Power Lunch, facilitated by columnist Bob Dallmeyer, will take place immediately after the actual luncheon.
In the Zone
Between sessions, there will not only be the customary networking opportunities, but also time for the attendees to test-drive and rate the new products and solutions offered by technology providers, registration firms, service contractors and convention centers. The TSE Innovation Zone™, sponsored by Freeman, will display a full array of new ideas in mobile technology, registration, social media, virtual shows and show planning.
Trade show organizers will share their opinions and expectations about the products and services, along with ratings for quality, efficiency, cost effectiveness, creativity and the overall impact the product will have on trade shows, exhibitors, and the attendee experience at the show.
Each winner will receive the TSE Innovation Award and Seal of Approval, giving them a competitive advantage in the marketplace. The Seal certifies that their technology, product, service and support has been approved and rated by leading show organizers and TSE’s Innovation Awards.
Warm and Sunny Welcome
Hospitality will be the hallmark of the TSE Fastest 50. A golf outing sponsored by the Atlantic City Convention & Visitors Authority will give participants the opportunity to work off the winter rust. Others can test their mettle in the kitchen at the Fastest 50 Culinary Cook Off.
All attendees will be welcomed with a goody bag of gifts from some of the nation’s high-end retailers. There will also be several drawings for the Fastest 50 recipients for prizes that include shopping sprees and vacations.
Early and Strong Support from Sponsors
The first annual TSE Fastest 50™ is made possible by the support of its generous sponsors, including these 19, to date:
- The Orlando/Orange County Convention & Visitors Bureau and the Orange County Convention Center which will welcome attendees to sunny Florida as the Title Sponsors.
- CompuSystems is the Platinum Sponsor and registration provider.
- Freeman is the designer and sponsor of the Trade Show Executive Innovation Zone™.
- Atlantic City Convention & Visitors Authority will present the golf tournament.
- The Gold Sponsors are PRG and United Service Companies.
- Silver Sponsors include the Chicago Convention & Tourism Bureau, the Las Vegas Convention and Visitors Authority, the Atlanta Convention & Visitors Bureau, Georgia World Congress Center, Rosemont Convention & Visitors Bureau, Advantage Boston and the Massachusetts Convention Center Authority and SMG.
- The Bronze Sponsors are Fern Exposition & Event Services, CMAC, Sands Expo and Victoria’s Event Productions.
How to Enter
Entry forms for the TSE Fastest 50 will be available online on December 15, 2010. Trade Show Executive will also cull a short list of the fastest-growing shows from the show report forms we gathered all year long for the TSE Dashboard, Zoom Calendar and Gold 100 directory. We encourage service contractors, registration firms and venues to nominate their clients and TSE will do the follow up to get the verified statistics.
Registration Open to All Show Managers
TSE’s Fastest 50 Awards & Summit is open to all show organizers, group show organizers, executive vice presidents, presidents and CEOs of associations and show management firms for a $395 registration fee. All honorees receive free registration. The Fastest 50 shows will be featured in a special supplement in March.
Reach Diane Bjorklund, TSE vice president of events at (630) 312-8915 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Grand Awards to Spotlight 12 Organizers from the U.S. and Abroad
In addition to honoring the Fastest 50 shows, TSE will present Grand Awards to:
(1) The Organizer of the Most Fastest 50 Shows
(2) The U.S. Show with the Highest Growth in Net Square Footage, by Percentage
(3) The U.S. Show with the Highest Growth in Net Square Footage, in Sheer Numbers
(4) The U.S. Show with the Highest Growth in Number of Exhibitors, by Percentage
(5) The U.S. Show with the Highest Growth in Exhibitors, in Sheer Numbers
(6) The U.S. Show with the Highest Growth in Attendance, by Percentage
(7) The U.S. Show with the Highest Growth in Attendance, in Sheer Numbers
(8) The Fastest-Growing Show in Canada (based on percentage of growth in net square feet)
(9) The Fastest-Growing Show in Europe (based on percentage of growth in net square metres)
(10) The Fastest-Growing Show in Latin America (based on percentage of growth in net square metres)
(11) The Fastest-Growing Show in the Middle East (based on percentage of growth in net square metres)
(12) The Fastest-Growing Show in Asia (based on percentage of growth in net square metres)
Criteria for Awards:
The following criteria will determine the 50 fastest-growing shows in the U.S.:
– Show must have taken place in the United States in 2010.
– Annual shows will be evaluated on percentage of growth from 2009 to 2010.
– Biennial shows must have taken place in 2010 and will be evaluated on the percentage of growth since the last show edition (2008).
– Triennial shows must have taken place in 2010 and will be evaluated on percentage of growth since the last show edition.
– Co-located shows must be submitted as one show and will be considered if the co-location existed for both years under review. Shows that were not co-located for both years must submit their entry without the co-located space.
– Only temporary space will be considered.
– A senior-level executive of the show management company or association must sign supporting documents to certify growth figures.