Oceanside, CA – Five companies were honored with Trade Show Executive’s 8th Annual Innovation Award for new products and services that will improve the efficiency and productivity of trade shows.
The winners of TSE’s 2010 Innovation Awards included:
▪ The American Association of Neurological Surgeons, for its paperless meeting residing on the iPod Touch;
▪ The Specialty Equipment Market Association, for building an exclusive social networking community;
▪ DubMeNow, for creating the first comprehensive mobile app platform for the events industry;
▪ Freeman, for its Concierge Elite by FreemanSM, a mobile application which gives exhibitors and show managements real-time updates of service orders and freight; and
▪ SMART-reg International, Inc., for its SMART-ALEC name badge reader, which foils badge-counterfeiting and pass-along badges.
Four Companies Earn an Honorable Mention
The following products and services also caught the attention of the judges and earned an honorable mention:
▪ InXpo, for developing an online research-and-development facility for its customers and their partners to collaborate on new interactive environments;
▪ CompuSystems, for developing CompuLEAD Smart, an iPhone app that allows customers to capture leads in their booths and elsewhere;
▪ Bartizan Connects, for developing iLeads, an iPhone app that captures leads using an ID number on attendees’ badges; and
▪ HNTB, for creating Pre-D Notes, a cloud computing software program used for the collaborative design and planning of convention centers.
Each year, the TSE’s Innovation Award spotlights companies and organizations that have created products, procedures and other new ideas that have yielded new value for the exposition industry, show managers, exhibitors and attendees. The winners are chosen by a panel of independent judges, whose decisions are based on the entries’ creativity, originality and ability to help improve the industry as a whole.
The winners will receive a plaque, and select honorees will be invited to present details of their products at the Trade Show Executive Gold 100 Awards & Summit, September 22-24 at the Ritz-Carlton in Laguna Niguel, CA. The 2011 Innovation Award winners will be announced June 1 of next year.
Reach Darlene Gudea, president, Trade Show Executive Media Group, at (760) 630-9111 or firstname.lastname@example.org