The Hague, The Netherlands – The third edition of the International CEO Forum will be held January 19–21, 2005, at the Hotel Arts Barcelona in Barcelona, Spain. The annual, invitation-only event is targeted to the CEOs of exhibition organizers and provides them the opportunity to discuss strategic issues and industry trends.
The organizer of the forum, Seven “Paul” Smulders of NCH of The Netherlands, says the previous two shows in Monte Carlo and Cannes drew more than 160 CEOs from about 30 countries. Sessions at this year’s event include:
- “Why Private Equity Investors Participate in the Exhibition Industry and What it is Like to Have Them as Investors in an Operating Exhibition Company,” featuring Bob Krakoff, Chairman & CEO of Blantyre Partners and Past Chairman & CEO of Advanstar, Inc., and Marco Sodi, Partner, Veronis Suhler Stevenson;
- “Ten Reasons Why Companies Do Not Take Part in Exhibitions Anymore,” by Harry Sterk, CEO Wolters Kluwer Education, The Netherlands;
- “Appealing to Advertising and PR Agencies,” by Alastair Gornall, CEO, Reed Exhibitions UK;
- “Marketing and Product Engineering: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly,” featuring Peter Hazelzet, Chairman and CEO of Exposium France;
- “Will Major Show Organizers in Europe and the USA Be Able to Keep Their Leading Positions? Or Will Other Continents Such as Asia Take Over the Leading Role?,” by Michael von Zitzewitz, Chairman of the Board of Management of Messe Frankfurt GmbH;
- “Why Consumer Shows are Booming,” by Chris Hughes, Managing Director, Brand Events, UK.
To attend, delegates must have strategic responsibilities equivalent to CEO obligations. During the event, they will have the opportunity to identify challenges facing the industry; hear solutions at the various presentations; discuss how to apply these lessons in their own companies; and develop contacts and relationships that can help expand their business.
Sponsors for the program include the Hong Kong Convention and Exhibition Centre (HKCEC), the Society of Independent Show Organizers (SISO), Veronis Suhler Stevenson (VSS) and Trade Show Executive (TSE) magazine.
Reach Seven Smulders at +31 651 495 445 or email@example.com.