Oceanside, CA – The 2015 Trade Show Executive (TSE) Gold 100 Awards & Summit is just a few months away, and the festivities in Santa Barbara won’t be limited to the largest trade shows of the past year.
The Gold Grand Awards annually honor innovation and expertise in many facets of show operations, including marketing, global strategies, technology and new this year, “The Do-Gooder Award.” In addition, “The Greatest Show on Earth Grand Award” is the ultimate award, spotlighting a center-ring event that has excelled from every perspective, and effectively hits it out of the park.
“The Gold Grand Awards shines the spotlight on the most inspirational thinkers in the trade show industry and their pioneering ideas,” said Darlene Gudea, president of Trade Show Executive Media Group.
Gudea said the Gold Grand Award reflects far more than the recognition for a job well done or an addition to the company trophy case. “It is a valuable benchmark and basis for further discussions with team members on the strengths of your show and areas that can be expanded upon to drive future growth,” Gudea said.
Both Domestic and Overseas Shows Can Enter
Nominations are being accepted for 20 Grand Award categories that don’t depend on the size of your exhibition. Shows of any size held in 2014 in North America or overseas, will be considered. Visit www.tradeshowexecutive.com and nominate your show or any other exhibition that captures the glitter of the Gold 100. The deadline for entries is 12 p.m. PDT on August 24.
20 Different Categories
Trade Show Executive’s 2015 Gold Grand Awards categories include:
- Best Turnaround (from the previous show)
- Best Program to Help Exhibitors Maximize their ROI
- Best Trade Show Web Site
- Most Extreme Results from Social Media
- Best Viral Show Promotion or Show Experience
- Best 24/7/365 Show Brand
- Best Use of Technology
- Best Mobile App
- Super Sticky Show Floor (best strategy for keeping attendees on the exhibit floor)
- Show with the Most Commendable Green Initiatives
- Show with the Strongest Global Participation (in number of countries or total number of international attendees)
- Best Gold 100 Show Extension Overseas
- Best VIP Program
- Most Creative Sponsorship
- Most Innovative Show Overall
- The Do-Gooder Award: the best event held by a trade show organizer for philanthropic or social causes
- Slam Dunk Award: Best New Idea
- Marketing Genius Award (the team or individual that implemented the most clever marketing ideas)
- Against All Odds (the show that overcame seemingly insurmountable challenges)
- The Greatest Show on Earth (the show that sets the ultimate Gold Standard. It reflects excellence from all or most of these perspectives: exhibitor and attendee satisfaction, service to the industry, leadership within the industry, overcoming obstacles, smooth logistics, innovative techniques, green practices, etc.)
Nominations will be accepted from TSE readers, Gold 100 show organizers and staff, and/or their service providers. The entries will be judged by the TSE editorial staff.
And the Winners Are…
The recipients of the Gold Grand Awards will be announced October 1 at the Gold 100 Awards Gala, the high point of the Gold 100 Awards & Summit taking place September 30-October 2 at the Bacara Resort and Spa in scenic Santa Barbara, CA.
The Bacara is rated one of the “Top 5 Resorts in Southern California” by Conde Nast Traveler, and has been recognized in three separate categories by the Forbes Travel Guide. The Bacara embodies the romance of the California Hacienda style and will be a fitting locale for the annual salute to the biggest and best trade shows of 2014. A special rate of $260 per night has been offered up to September 7, after which reservations will be accepted on a space available basis. To make reservations, call (855) 968-0100. Mention you are attending the Trade Show Executive Gold 100 Awards & Summit. You can also register online Gold 100 Registration. The group code is TRADESHO.
“Santa Barbara is one of California’s favorite destinations,” said Gudea. “The Gold 100 Awards & Summit will once again offer show organizers and their industry partners a relaxing and productive setting for networking and socializing as the year starts to wind down.”
The networking agenda will be highlighted by the pre-event gold tournament at the seaside Sandpiper Golf Club, or a day trip to Sunstone Winery, one of the top wineries located in the foothills of the nearby Santa Ynez Mountains.
The day of the Awards Gala includes a solid schedule of educational sessions. Reach Darlene Gudea at (760) 630-9107 or email@example.com; Mike McGuire, TSE vice president of global events, at (760) 630-9110 or firstname.lastname@example.org; Diane Bjorklund, TSE vice president of events, at (630) 312-8915 or email@example.com