LAS VEGAS – On June 4, several Las Vegas resorts reopened after being closed for more than two months because of the COVID-19 pandemic.
As part of Nevada Governor Steve Sisolak’s phased reopening plan, new cases of COVID-19 had subsided enough to continue a safe and measured process of welcoming tourists back to the city.
According to the Las Vegas Convention and Visitors Authority (LVCVA), each property that is reopening has “…developed thorough health and sanitation plans that comply with directives from Nevada Governor Steve Sisolak, the Nevada Gaming Control Board and public health authorities, including following comprehensive cleaning and health guidelines based on CDC and WHO recommendations.”
“We couldn’t be happier that our resorts were able to reopen on June 4, and we’ve really been pleased with the excitement the opening has generated and the demand for the destination so far,” said John Schreiber, Vice President of Business Sales for the LVCVA. “Reopening is a positive step toward the return of meetings and conventions, and the LVCVA, along with our partners throughout the destination, are following enhanced cleaning, sanitization and safety guidelines and protocols because the health of our guests is our top priority. Things may look a little different in the near term, but the Only Vegas experience our guests expect is still here.”
On last year’s TSE Gold 100 list, Las Vegas ranked No. 1 as a host city to the largest shows in the United States, with 27 of TSE’s largest shows in the country.
“Las Vegas properties have spent months preparing to reopen and are ready for visitors to enjoy the experiences they know and love,” the LVCVA said in a statement. “There will be changes to operations in the beginning, but the sentiment remains the same: Vegas is open and it is still the exciting getaway guests crave.”
Here is a list of reopenings as of June 5:
Boyd Gaming resumed operations at nine of its Nevada properties including The Orleans Hotel and Casino, Gold Coast Hotel and Casino, Suncoast Hotel and Casino, Aliante Casino + Hotel + Spa, Cannery Casino Hotel, Sam’s Town Hotel and Gambling Hall, Fremont Hotel and Casino, California Hotel and Casino, and Jokers Wild Casino. The properties will operate under limited amenities and capacity restrictions in compliance with state and local requirements. Gold Coast Hotel and Casino only reopened the casino and select restaurants to visitors. Amenities and restrictions include:
- Select dining and casino bars open with varied hours; buffets remain closed
- Slot machines and video poker are available 24/7, following social distancing requirements
- Table games are available at Aliante, Cannery, California, Fremont, Gold Coast, Suncoast, Sam’s Town and The Orleans with varied hours and limited seating, in accordance with social distancing
- The Orleans offers poker with limited hours and seating
- Aliante, Gold Coast, Sam’s Town and Suncoast offer Bingo with varied hours
- Sports books are open at Aliante, Cannery, Fremont, Gold Coast, Sam’s Town, Suncoast and The Orleans
- Fremont Hotel and Casino is the only Boyd Gaming property offering valet services
- Pools at Aliante and The Orleans are open
- Bowling is available at Gold Coast, Sam’s Town, Suncoast and The Orleans
- Gift shops are open at the properties that have them
Movie theaters, showrooms, fitness centers and spas remain closed during the initial reopening phase
The hotels are practicing “Boyd Clean” protocols aimed at protecting the health and safety of its team members and guests. Full details can be found in the Boyd Clean initiative: https://www.boydgaming.com/boyd-clean
Caesars Entertainment resumed operations at its Caesars Palace and Flamingo Las Vegas on June 4. Additionally, several retail and dining outlets reopened along The LINQ Promenade, as well as the High Roller Observation Wheel. Harrah’s Las Vegas will reopen Friday, June 5. All offerings will operate in a manner consistent with physical distancing guidelines. Free self-parking is available at the resorts upon opening. Resort guests and visitors have access to the following amenities:
- Gordon Ramsay HELL’S KITCHEN (dinner only), Old Homestead Steakhouse, Vanderpump Cocktail Garden, Café Americano, Vista Lounge, Venus Pool, Spanish Steps Bar, Lobby Bar, Montecristo Cigar Bar, DiFara Pizza, Starbucks and a selection of retail and restaurant outlets at The Forum Shops at Caesars Palace
Flamingo Las Vegas
- X Bar, Bugsy’s Bar, Pizza To Go and Beach Club Resort Pool and GO Pool
Harrah’s Las Vegas will debut a $200 million multi-year resort transformation featuring newly renovated rooms and suites, a remodeled casino floor and hotel lobby, Buddy Valastro’s PizzaCake and the recently refreshed Ruth’s Chris Steak House.
Caesars Health and Safety Protocols emphasizes the enhanced cleaning and sanitization of public spaces and guest rooms using CDC-recommended disinfectants and guidelines intended to limit the spread of the virus. For details, please see the full Caesars Health and Safety Protocols: https://www.caesars.com/health-and-safety
The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas
The luxury casino-resort welcomes back guests with visitors’ health and safety as the top priority. An initial set of amenities are open, with a variety of additional outlets being introduced in the coming months. Self-parking is free for all guests. Opening amenities include:
- The Cosmopolitan’s Restaurant Collection will open with Beauty & Essex, Blue Ribbon, Block 16 Urban Food Hall (including District: Donuts. Sliders. Brew., Tekka Bar, Hattie B’s, Lardo and Pok Pok Wing), China Poblano, Eggslut, Estiatorio Milos, Jaleo, Holsteins, Milk Bar, Overlook Grill, Scarpetta, Starbucks, STK, The Henry, The Juice Standard, The Pizzeria and Zuma
- The Chandelier, Vesper Bar, CliQue Bar & Lounge and Race & Sports Book Bar
- The casino floor, high-limit rooms and the Race & Sports Book
- Sahra Spa, Salon & Hammam will open daily with The Boulevard and The Chelsea tower fitness centers, as well as the outdoor tennis courts for hotel guests
- The Boulevard Pool reopens with appropriately spaced lounge chairs, daybeds and cabanas with dedicated cocktail service available for guests
- A variety of retail shops
- At this time entertainment and nightlife venues remain closed
The Cosmopolitan created a comprehensive plan built upon its existing health and safety procedures with new operational processes and advanced cleaning and sanitization protocols. Details can be found in The Cosmopolitan’s full Health & Sanitization measures: https://www.cosmopolitanlasvegas.com/health-and-sanitization-guidelines
The D Las Vegas Hotel & Casino / Golden Gate Hotel & Casino
The D Las Vegas and Golden Gate reopened downtown, along with select amenities available to guests. The D’s guests are able to enjoy favorites such as Andiamo Italian Steakhouse, American Coney Island, Longbar and its newest addition, BarCanada. Guests at Golden Gate can enjoy OneBar and Bar Prohibition along with Circa Sports Book.
The D and Golden Gate are making safety, comfort and cleanliness of the properties the top priority.. Health and safety measures can be found here: https://www.thed.com/health-safety/
Downtown Grand has reopened its doors to visitors while operating select amenities with proper safety measures under its Good Clean Fun protocols. Guests visiting the property will notice enhanced cleaning and social distancing but can enjoy various dining and gaming options. The resort has reopened Freedom Beat and Art Bar, while Pizza Rock and Triple George adjacent to the resort have reopened as well. The Citrus Grand Pool has reopened and is operating under the current social distancing guidelines. Additional information on Downtown Grand’s #GoodCleanFun protocols can be found here: https://qs7nl1n4gzt2qpxy12pzg20a-wpengine.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/05/good-clean-fun.pdf
El Cortez Hotel & Casino
The El Cortez Hotel & Casino reopened with social distancing guidelines in place throughout the property. Guests are reintroduced to the iconic hotel’s array of accommodation options, classic gaming floor, dining destinations including Siegel’s 1941, The Parlour, Eureka and Shinya Maru Ramen.
Safety and wellness are of utmost importance, and the property has both completed extensive preparation measures and implemented rigorous sanitization procedures and safety protocols that can be found here: https://elcortezhotelcasino.com/el-cortez-reopening-plan/
Golden Nugget Hotel & Casino
The Golden Nugget reopened and welcomed guests back just in time for summer fun. Visitors can enjoy many of the property’s amenities including:
- The casino floor
- Claim Jumper, Vic & Anthony’s Steakhouse, Cadillac Mexican Cantina, Saltgrass Steak House Bar, Bar 46, Claude’s Bar, Stage Bar, H2O Bar, Chick-Fil-A and Starbucks.
- The property’s sportsbook, spa and salon will remain closed temporarily.
- The Golden Nugget’s enhanced cleaning and sanitation guidelines and practices can found here: https://www.goldennugget.com/contentassets/a521fd8187984b0daa25458cd76c5294/healthandsanitationguidelines.pdf
Las Vegas Sands Corporation
The Venetian Las Vegas reopened the Venetian and Palazzo towers to the public and will look to reopen additional amenities in phases. The resorts offer the following amenities:
- A full-service casino
- More than a dozen restaurants – including Mott 32, sixth+mill, Matteo’s, Black Tap Craft Burgers and Beer, and CUT by Wolfgang Puck
- Several bars including the Dorsey Cocktail Bar and Electra, the fully renovated Venetian pool deck, fitness center and multiple retail outlets.
The resort launched its Venetian Clean guidelines to enhance safety and minimize risk for visitors and team members. For details, please see the full Venetian Clean plan: https://www.venetian.com/policy/venetian-clean.html
MGM Resorts International
MGM Resorts International reopened Bellagio, New York-New York, MGM Grand Las Vegas and The Signature. Amenities are limited in the beginning but will reopen as demand for the destination builds, including other MGM Resorts International Las Vegas properties. Free self-parking is available for all guests.
- Bellagio’s Conservatory is open for guests featuring a new Japanese Spring Garden display called “Japan Journey: Magic of Kansai.” The resort’s iconic fountains will once again be on display for visitors to enjoy. Various food and beverage amenities are available including a variety of lounges such as Petrossian Bar, as well as dining options such as Prime, Lago and The Mayfair Supper Club. The resort’s pool along with a selection of cabanas are available, as are the Salon and Fitness Center.
- MGM Grand and The Signature
- Fine dining and casual dining options are available, including Craftsteak and Wolfgang Puck Bar & Grill, along with several bars and lounges. The resort’s pool and select cabanas will be available to visitors looking to enjoy some time in the sun, as well as the Salon and Fitness Center for hotel guests. The intimate, boutique feel of the Signature at MGM Grand is also open with a variety of amenities.
- New York-New York
- New York-New York’s dining and bar offerings include Tom’s Urban, as well as many venues at the adjacent Park. Attractions open include the popular Big Apple Roller Coaster and Big Apple Arcade, as well as Hershey’s Chocolate World. Guests are able to enjoy the resort’s pool with select cabanas available, as well as the Fitness Center.
Health and safety are the highest priority for reopening, included in MGM Resorts’ comprehensive Seven-Point Safety Plan: https://www.multivu.com/players/English/8724251-mgm-resorts-international-covid-19-health-safety-plan/
Plaza Hotel & Casino
The Plaza has welcomed back guests to its property following new health and safety guidelines as it continues to make guests and employees its top priority. Visitors will be able to take advantage of free self-parking and dining at Pop Up Pizza and the Coffee Bar.
The resort’s enhanced health and safety guidelines can be found here: https://www.multivu.com/players/English/8724251-mgm-resorts-international-covid-19-health-safety-plan/
SAHARA Las Vegas
SAHARA Las Vegas reopened with phased-in amenities. The first to open include the casino floor, rooftop pools, dining outlets such as Northside Café, CASBAR Lounge and Starbucks. Bazaar Meat by José Andrés will resume operations on Friday, June 5.
The resort follows a comprehensive outline of health and safety protocols under the SAHARA Cares Program. The program establishes hundreds of additional practices to minimize risk for guests and team members. Full details can be found in the SAHARA Cares plan: http://saharalasvegas.com/SAHARACares/
Station Casinos resumed operations at nine of its Nevada properties including Red Rock Casino, Resort & Spa, Green Valley Ranch Resort, Casino & Spa, Palace Station Hotel & Casino, Sunset Station Hotel & Casino, Boulder Station Hotel & Casino, Santa Fe Station Hotel & Casino and all seven Wildfire casinos.
The properties will operate under limited amenities and capacity restrictions in compliance with state and local requirements.
Station Casinos implements broad safety measures in accordance with the company’s Play it Safe procedures: https://www.stationcasinosblog.com/wp-content/uploads/STATION-CASINOS-REOPENING-GUIDELINES_05182020.pdf
Treasure Island – TI Hotel & Casino
Treasure Island – TI Hotel and Casino is reopening with free parking and access to most amenities including:
- Casino, Pool bar, Coffee Shop, Pizzeria Francesco’s, Breeze Bar, Starbucks, Señor Frogs, the bar at Gilley’s Saloon, Golden Circle Sports Bar
- Marvel Avenger’s S.T.A.T.I.O.N.
- Race and sportsbook
- Lobby store, TI giftshop and CVS
Treasure Island is dedicated first and foremost to the health and safety of their guests and employees. New cleaning and sanitation methods can be found here: https://treasureisland.com/COVID-19#policies
The STRAT Hotel, Casino & SkyPod
The iconic Las Vegas Strip property reopened with various phased-in amenities and limits property occupancy to 50 percent, as well as adhering to social distancing guidelines. Amenities available to guests include:
- 24-hour STRAT Café, Starbucks, 107 SkyLounge, View Lounge, 108 Eats and 108 Drinks, and the award-winning Top of the World restaurant
- Attractions at the SkyPod, including the Big Shot and SkyJump and the 100+ story Observation deck
- The Elation Pool and Bar will open for both guests and visitors
The STRAT implements broad safety measures in accordance with the company’s new Golden Commitment standards: https://goldenent.com/commitment.html
Wynn Las Vegas opened both Wynn Las Vegas and Encore hotel towers and casinos along with all restaurants, giving guests the full Las Vegas experience including the following amenities:
- Two 24-hour casinos with a variety of table games and slots, as well as the Race & Sports Book
- The resort’s full portfolio of fine-dining restaurants, lounges and casual eateries, several with outdoor seating on open verandas and patios
- The resort’s newest restaurant, Elio, will open later in June
- Resort pools with private cabanas
- Wynn’s 18-hole championship golf course
- Nightly entertainment at the Lake of Dreams
- Three retail esplanades
- Full-service beauty salons, barber shop, spa treatments and fitness centers
- Wynn will continue to offer free parking at its resorts
The resort follows thoughtful new measures in social distancing, touchless technologies and cleaning protocols that have been incorporated throughout the resort in a clear and transparent effort to protect the well-being of all guests. For details, please see Wynn Resorts’ full Health & Disinfection program: https://www.visitwynn.com/documents/Wynn-Health-Plan.pdf
Reach John Schreiber at (702) 892-0711 or email@example.com.