Chicago — The shining stars that are leading the trade show industry’s steady march forward will be honored at the presentation of the Trade Show Executive Gold Grand Awards this Fall at the Ritz-Carlton Half Moon Bay on the California coast.
Nominations are open until Aug.23 for trade shows that set the gold standard for the exhibitions industry in 2016. The honorees will be announced at the TSE Gold 100 Awards & Summit, Sept. 27-29.
“It is a thrill when leaders of the trade show industry single out their colleagues who exceeded expectations during the previous year,” said TSE Publisher and Editor Gabrielle Weiss. “The Gold Grand Awards are the grand finale of the Gold 100 Awards & Summit and a prestigious honor for those organizers who led the way.”
The nomination form is available at https://www.tsegold100.com/nominate. Shows of any size, not just the heavyweights that make up the Gold 100, are eligible for the Gold Grand Awards crystal trophies. Shows are also eligible for consideration in multiple award categories.
Some of the award categories reflect the overall size of a show, but there are also awards that give much deserved high-fives for innovative ideas, flawless execution and forward-looking strategies.
“The Gold 100 isn’t all about the largest shows,” said TSE Vice President of Events Diane Bjorklund. “Good things often come with small exhibit halls, and those shows certainly deserve kudos from the entire industry.”
Grand Award Categories
Go ahead and nominate your own show or another event that dazzled in 2016 for one or more of the following awards:
- Best Turnaround (from the previous show)
- Best Program to Help Exhibitors Maximize their ROI
- Most Extreme Results from Social Media
- Best Viral Show Promotion or Show Experience
- Best 24/7/365 Show Brand
- Best Use of Technology
- Best Mobile App
- Super Sticky Show Floor (best strategy for keeping attendees on the exhibit floor)
- Show with the Most Commendable Green Initiatives
- Best Gold 100 Show Extension Overseas
- Best VIP Program
- The Do-Gooder Award (The best event held by a trade show organizer for philanthropic or social causes)
- Slam Dunk Award: Best New Idea
- Marketing Genius Award (the team or individual that implemented the most clever marketing ideas)
- The Greatest Corporate Event of 2016 (the corporate event that reflects excellence from all or most of these perspectives: exhibitor and attendee satisfaction; service to the industry; leadership within the industry; overcoming obstacles; flawless logistics; innovative techniques; and green practices, etc.)
- The Greatest Trade Show of 2016 (the show that sets the ultimate Gold Standard. It reflects excellence from all or most of these perspectives: exhibitor and attendee satisfaction; service to the industry; leadership within the industry; overcoming obstacles; flawless logistics, innovative techniques; and green practices, etc.). Please note that previous winners are ineligible to enter this category.
Gold Grand Awards winners will be determined by the TSE editorial team and revealed during the Gold 100 Awards Gala on Sept. 28.
The Gold 100 Awards & Summit offers fun and games too.. In addition to the comprehensive educational program, TSE has arranged a full agenda of networking get-togethers that include the welcome reception and the post-gala Afterglow. Those golfers in attendance will tee it up at the Ritz-Carlton’s championship course at Half Moon Bay Golf Links, where the terrain may be a challenge but the views of the Pacific are inspiring. Attendees who prefer not to spend their time golfing are in for a special treat: a visit to a local organic farm, where farm-to-table lunches come with plenty of vintage California wines, and it requires far less walking than 18 holes of golf.
“TSE is proud to host this special event in such a special venue,” Weiss said. “We look forward to seeing everyone get together in California and to presenting the Gold Grand Awards to the shows that set the standard for the industry.”