Carlsbad, CA – When Trade Show Executive’s Gold 100 Awards & Summit is held next month in Carlsbad, CA, experts from Asia, Australia, Europe and North America will share ideas on driving show growth, integrating acquisitions, seizing new opportunities and capitalizing on new technology and research findings.
The event is set for September 21-23 at the five-star Park Hyatt Aviara Resort in Carlsbad, CA. “The Gold 100 is TSE’s annual salute to the show organizers who produce the 100 largest trade shows in the US,” said Darlene Gudea, President of Trade Show Executive Media Group. “Staking a ranking on this list is a premier achievement for the less than 1% of the organizers who make the cut.” These highly successful flagship shows include the likes of CES, PACK EXPO and MAGIC Marketplace as well as Surfaces, HIMSS, InfoComm International, International Vision Expo and the American Society of Orthopaedic Surgeons. The highlight of the Gold 100 takes place on the evening of September 22nd as the largest and most innovative shows in the group are honored with Gold Grand Awards and crystal trophies at the awards dinner.
The event brings together CEOs, group vice presidents, group show managers, and leading show organizers – not only from the Gold 100 shows, but also from the so-called “Winners Circle” which includes leaders of the Fastest 50 shows, the top brass from other associations with leading show brands, other prominent multi-show organizers, respected global leaders, and other industry VIPs.
The gala caps a full schedule of socializing, golf and educational sessions that help make the Gold 100 Awards & Summit a productive and perfect way to head into the home stretch of 2016 and plan for 2017, Gudea said.
The agenda for the Summit portion of the week includes thought-provoking sessions led by key industry veterans:
- Charles McCurdy, who moved to London to become Chief Executive of Informa’s Global Exhibitions division, will take part in a discussion on successfully integrating newly acquired companies and shows into your corporate culture. He will be joined by Questex CEO Kerry Gumas and Emerald Expositions’ Darrell Denny, Executive Vice President, Sports & Apparel and E-Commerce.
- Jo-Anne Kelleway, CEO of Australia’s Info Salons Group, joins moderator Phil McKay, President & CEO of nGage Events, for the annual Power Lunch interview. Kelleway is a popular and ubiquitous force in the global exhibitions industry, involved in over 750 events per year throughout Asia, Europe and the Middle East.
- Simon Foster, CEO of UBM EMEA, joins David Cunningham, Commercial Director at N200 | GES in Britain, in a discussion on “Event Intelligence – Driving Loyalty and Success.”
- Kai Hattendorf, Managing Director and CEO of UFI, The Global Association of the Exhibition Industry, presents the latest UFI research and shares his ideas on trends,including the potential impact that Brexit will have on Europe’s trade show market.
- Karen Gebhart, Vice President of Business Development for Helicopter Association International, will lead a panel on the issues and evolution of housing in the age of Airbnb.
The sessions give way in the evening to the presentation of the Grand Awards to the biggest and best shows of 2015 – the shows that set the Gold Standard. Show metrics collected over the past year by TSE researchers and editors determine the events that led the field in exhibit space, number of exhibitors and attendees. In addition, nominations received this Summer will be judged for a comprehensive roster of awards including “Marketing Genius,” “The Do-Gooder Award,” “The Best Show of 2015” and other aspects of exhibitions operations, strategy and overall accomplishments. TSE editors are the judges of these awards.
Center of the Trade Show Universe
The Park Hyatt Aviara ensures that everyone will be a winner during Gold 100 week. The room block remains open until August 29 at a special rate of $275 per night. Once you have registered for the Gold 100, accommodations can be booked directly with the hotel.
And it will be well worth the effort; the Park Hyatt Aviara is a Gold Standard resort for the San Diego region, and late September is the best time of year to visit the Southern California coast.
The resort is located an easy 30 mile ride to the coastal community of Carlsbad from San Diego International Airport or three miles from McClellan-Palomar Airport. It covers 200 acres with an ocean view, and has earned the coveted Forbes Five-Star and AAA Four Diamond ratings for its atmosphere, amenities, activities and overall excellence.
The golf course, designed by Arnold Palmer, is home to the LPGA Kia Classic. Other amenities include the nationally recognized spa, a pool covering 3,500 wet square feet, and plenty of comfortable lounge and restaurant space.
“The Park Hyatt Aviara is a top-tier venue,” said Diane Bjorklund, TSE’s Vice President of Events. “It promises to be a wonderful destination that will provide a perfect mix of relaxation and productivity as we salute the largest and best trade shows of the year.”
Whether it’s on land or sea, the TSE Gold 100 has become the top destination for industry leaders looking for opportunities to network, socialize and squeeze in a few more days of Summer.
To attend the Gold 100, go to the registration link on the Gold 100 web site or click here: Gold 100 registration. Register now!