Oceanside, CA – Football, falling leaves and the Trade Show Executive Gold 100 Grand Awards are in the spotlight. And there is still time to nominate the shows and show leaders who will be honored at the October 22-24 Gold 100 Awards & Summit in California.
October 6 is the deadline for your nominations in 18 categories saluting the exceptional ideas and achievements that highlighted the 2013 trade show calendar.
The Gold 100 honors the largest exhibitions of the year, but the Grand Awards are open to shows of all sizes and are aimed at recognizing the organizations and individuals who shine both inside and outside the box.
“TSE’s Grand Awards program identifies the most inspirational thinkers in the trade show industry and salutes their pioneering new ideas,” said Darlene Gudea, president of Trade Show Executive Media Group. “By spotlighting the winners, the awards will help inspire conversations about new strategies and accelerate their adoption throughout the trade show industry.”
Entries must be submitted to TSE by 8 p.m. PDT on October 6 for consideration. The online nomination form is available here.
Award Categories Range from ‘Best Turnaround’ to ‘The Greatest Show on Earth’
The categories for the 2014 Gold Grand Awards include:
· Best Turnaround (from your previous show)
· Best Program to Help Exhibitors Maximize Their Trade Show ROI
· Best Trade Show Website
· Best Use of Social Media
· Most Viral Show Promotion or Show Experience
· Best 24/7/365 Show Brand
· Best Use of Technology
· Slam Dunk Award: Best New Idea
· The Most Innovative Show Overall
· Super Sticky Show Floor (best strategy for keeping attendees in the exhibit hall)
· The Show with the Most Commendable Green Initiatives
· The Show with the Highest Global Participation
· Best Gold 100 Show Extension Overseas
· Best Co-Location or Partnership (with an association, show organization, overseas government, etc.)
· Best Exhibitor Pavilion (international, government, sub-specialty, etc.)
· The Marketing Genius Award (the team or individual which implemented the cleverest marketing ideas)
· Against All Odds (the show which overcame seemingly insurmountable challenges)
· The Greatest Show on Earth (the show that reflects excellence from all or most of these perspectives: exhibitor and attendee satisfaction, service to the industry, leadership within the industry, overcoming obstacles, flawless logistics, innovative techniques, green practices, social responsibility and any other documentation that reflects your show sets the ultimate Gold Standard.) Previous winners are ineligible to enter this category.
More Than a Trophy
Being a part of the Grand Awards competition offers benefits beyond the office trophy case. Gudea noted that past winners have found the entry process to be a valuable benchmarking exercise in itself. “It gathers the team together, begins a discussion on their show’s strengths and weaknesses, and can help identify better ways of doing things down the line,” she said.
And winning a TSE Gold Grand Award not only raises the pride and profile of the show team within an organization, it also builds up the show brand to the audience of exhibitors, attendees and sponsors.
How to Enter
Nominations can be made by TSE readers, Gold 100 show organizers and staff, and/or their service providers. Nominations should be submitted by 8 pm PDT on October 6 using the online entry form here.
Winners will be judged by the editorial staff of Trade Show Executive. The winners of the 18 Grand Awards will be unveiled and presented at the TSE Gold 100 Awards & Summit at the St. Regis Monarch Beach Resort in Dana Point, CA on October 22-24.