ATLANTIC CITY, N.J. – Reed Exhibitions’ JIS Exchange (Jewelers International Showcase) was a two-time recipient of the Grand Awards, including the coveted Rock Star Award, presented at the Trade Show Executive (TSE) Fastest 50 Awards Gala June 19 at Harrah’s Resort Atlantic City.
The Fastest 50 Grand Awards are handed out annually to the trade shows that experienced outstanding growth rates during the previous year in the categories of exhibit space sold, number of exhibiting companies at the show and attendance. A total of 90 shows took up the 150 spots on the Fastest 50, including 19 that placed in all three metric categories. The Next 50 included 107 exhibitions that performed better than the overall industry’s growth rates and were hot on the heels of the shows on the Fastest 50.
The 2018 JIS Exchange was tops in the “attendance growth by percentage” category with a 79.4% increase over 2017, and was also named the Rock Star of the year for the show’s growth in all three metrics and for its overall excellence in planning, marketing, and execution. “Congratulations to Reed’s entire jewelry show team for making JIS Exchange a rousing success last year,” said TSE Publisher and Editor Gabrielle Weiss. “Announcing JIS as the Rock Star of the year was the highlight of a great week in Atlantic City for the individuals whose shows set an exceptional pace for growth.”
The Awards Gala capped another successful Fastest 50 Awards & Summit. Around 150 top show organizers and industry partners joined TSE for a full schedule of educational sessions and networking activities.
Nine individual shows were honored with Grand Awards in a dozen categories. Along with JIS Exchange, MJBizCon, MODEX and Southeast Flooring Market were also recipients of two Grand Awards each for their accomplishments. Informa was declared the “top organizer of the year” with a total of nine shows on the Fastest 50 and Next 50 lists.
The full roster of awards presented included:
- JIS Exchange: Rock Star Award; Fastest-Growing Annual Show in Attendance (Percentage)
- International Woodworking Show: Fastest-Growing Non-Annual Show in Exhibit Space (Sheer Numbers)
- MODEX: Fastest-Growing Non-Annual Show in Exhibitors and Attendance (Sheer Numbers); Fastest-Growing Non-Annual Show in Attendance (Percentage)
- CES: Fastest-Growing Annual Show in Exhibit Space and Exhibitors (Sheer Numbers)
- MJBizCon: Fastest-Growing Annual Show in Attendance (Sheer Numbers); Fastest-Growing Annual Show in Exhibit Space (Percentage)
- Southeast Flooring Market: Fastest-Growing Annual Show in Exhibitors (Percentage); Fastest-Growing Show (Blended Growth)
- International Airport GSE Expo (Ground Support Equipment): Fastest-Growing Non-Annual Show in Exhibit Space and Exhibitors (Percentage)
- The Landscape Show: Fastest-Growing Show Managed by an Association (Blended Growth)
- ANCC National Magnet Conference (American Nurses Credentialing Center): Fastest-Growing Medical Show (Blended Growth)
- Informa Markets: Top Organizer in the Number of Fastest 50 and Next 50 Shows
The next TSE Fastest 50 Awards & Summit will take place in Las Vegas at the soon-to-open Caesars FORUM. Trade Show Executive will honor the largest trade shows of last year at the Gold 100 Awards & Summit on Sept. 25-27 in San Diego at the Fairmont Grand Del Mar. See www.tsegold100.com for information on registration and the event agenda.
Reach Gabrielle Weiss at (312) 493-7753 or firstname.lastname@example.org.