San Francisco, CA – Eric Faurot left his position as senior vice president of TechWeb Events Network in July as part of a company-wide reorganization, CEO Tony Uphoff confirmed.
Faurot’s position will not be filled, Uphoff told Trade Show Executive. TechWeb Events will be led by a management team, which reports to Uphoff, that includes Lenny Heyman, Greg Kerwin, Marco Pardi, Jenn Pahlka and Fred Knight.
“While this restructuring regrettably included the elimination of several positions, including Eric Faurot’s, it also included management and organizational changes across TechWeb that will keep our business focused on growth as well as increased coordination across our brands and platforms,” Uphoff said.
Uphoff said the targets of the reorganization include:
- Increased audience engagement and growing the TechWeb database of qualified buyers
- Accelerating online, event, integrated media and paid content innovation and growth
- Increasing agility and speed to market
- Increasing cross-platform and brand collaboration and integration
- Diversifying revenues and putting resources behind promising opportunities
TechWeb is part of United Business Media.
Faurot, who could not be immediately reached for comment, was a driving force behind TechWeb’s computer-oriented events, which include Interop, Black Hat and VoiceCon. He was also a frequent speaker at exhibition industry events and was a member of the board of directors for the Society of Independent Show Organizers (SISO). He came to TechWeb in 2006 with the acquisition of MediaLive International.
Reach Tony Uphoff at (415) 947-6695 or email@example.com