“Construction of the venue has been realized in not even three years,” noted Jochen Witt, President and CEO of jwc, the German consultancy that has been advising Shenzhen World since 2016 in developing strategy and providing support in pre-opening, operations and performance monitoring. “The venue sets new international standards in terms of size, functionality and flexibility. Bookings for 2020 and beyond are far above all expectations.”
Shenzhen is located in the heart of the Pearl River Delta; it is directly linked to many international airports and to the high-speed rail system of China. An epicenter for global high-tech, it is one of China’s super cities, claiming the country’s third-highest GDP and a population that has grown to 19 million from 30,000 in just a few decades. The new center will serve as a platform for the continued development of the region’s rapidly growing global economy.
Features of Shenzhen World complex include:
- 4.3 million square feet of exhibition space divided into 16 equal, one-level halls, plus three additional halls, the largest of which offers 538,195 square feet of exhibition space. Every hall has dedicated conference facilities.
- A total of 106 meeting rooms. The Conference Center accommodates meetings of up to 6,200 people. The Event Center Hall seats up to 12,500 people for sports and entertainment events.
- Food and beverage outlets, encompassing in total more than a half-million square feet, located throughout the complex.
- Four rooftop gardens for exhibitor and visitor gatherings, each with entertainment and catering options. Spacious logistics areas between the halls allow for easy truck handling.
- Connection with the city by two metro stations in the venue, as well as by direct highway access into the venue. There are several hotels in the immediate neighborhood of the venue.
Reach Jochen Witt at +49 221 27 25 89 60 or email@example.com.