TSE Invites Organizers with Global Plans to Apply for the TSE Global Direct™ 2017 Hosted Buyer Program
Chicago – Prequalification is now open for Trade Show Executive’s Global Direct™ - “Where U.S. Exhibition Organizers Meet One-On-One with Leading Global Venues,” scheduled for July 12-14, 2017 at The Westin Lake Las Vegas Resort & Spa. This hosted buyer event unites managers of major exhibition centers from across the globe with U.S. organizers eyeing international expansion.
Global Direct was developed by TSE in partnership with two veterans of the international exhibitions industry: Steve Sind, President & CEO of Global Event Strategies, and Cherif Moujabber, owner and President of Creative Expos & Conferences. The International Association of Exhibitions and Events (IAEE) endorsed the event from the get-go, and Singapore and Shanghai were early sponsors, followed by Nurnberg, Frankfurt, Toronto, Amsterdam, Monterrey (Mexico) and Barcelona. Recently, the IAEE MATSO Council (Major American Trade Show Organizers) became a Supporting Organization.
Applicants to date currently hold or plan to hold their events in 28 countries. The average size of their events ranges from 5,000 to 7,000 sm (about 54,000 sf to 75,000 sf). They are senior-level decision-makers with titles such as Chairman; President & CEO; Global Vice President; Senior Vice President of Exhibitions & Conferences; Director of International Events; and Group Director of Events.
The Hosted Buyer Concept
“Networking is a traditional tool used by organizers when eyeing international venues, but any major show launch eventually comes down to in-person meetings between the top-level organizers and those who run the venues. This is where Global Direct comes in,” said Darlene Gudea, President of Trade Show Executive Media Group. “Global Direct was created to save organizers time and money when evaluating expansion of their shows outside the U.S. and also help educate them on the latest techniques and opportunities in other countries.”
“The enormous value of Global Direct is in the boardroom-style sessions and private one-on-one meetings where the real negotiations can take place,” said Cherif Moujabber, President of Creative Expos & Conferences, who is partnering with TSE to produce the event. “The ‘One-on-Ones’ will be set up through a dedicated, interactive matchmaking software that will bring the right people together—directly,” said Steve Sind, President and CEO of Global Event Strategies, who is also partnering with TSE. The agenda also includes high value keynotes and other relevant sessions.
The 2.5 days of face-to-face meetings and networking at Global Direct will be supported by a fresh look at the state of the global economy and exhibitions industry. An educational program targeted to internationally bound organizers will fill in any blanks that attendees might have about current practices, trends, and opportunities, and will provide the take-away knowledge that will energize their international portfolio.
World View of Exhibitions Awaits Global Direct Attendees
Presented by experts and peers, the sessions will feature both up-close and high-altitude looks at organizing events outside the U.S.:
- Keynote: Global Economic Outlook. How will the changing political and economic environment affect the headwinds and tailwinds of 2017? What challenges and opportunities will arise that will affect trade show participation?
- Successful International Business Models. A blue-ribbon panel of organizers from around the world looks at the strategies and business arrangements that pave the way to success in unique markets.
- Best Practices in Digital, Print and Face-to-Face Marketing. After making the decision to launch in an overseas market, the next big step is getting the word out to an entirely new pool of attendees and exhibitors. Learn why mobile interface and O2O (online-to-offline) models should be in the marketing plan for trade show organizers going outside the U.S.
- Prepping Your Exhibitors to Exhibit Successfully Internationally. A distinguished panel shares its experiences and case studies on how exhibitors can maximize their global trade show participation.
- Global Security Concerns. Panelists share their concerns about different areas of the world and the steps that will create a worry-free experience for their attendees and exhibitors.
- Inbound/Outbound: New Tactics for Handling Freight/Logistics Smoothly. Get fresh ideas for getting your show in and out of a venue smoothly and on time.
- Registration Practices. Which practices will produce the mother lode of information from attendees in different parts of the world?
The educational offerings at Global Direct are only one component of a packed program that will open doors to overseas expansion for U.S. organizers. There will be plenty of opportunities for networking with potential partners as well as One-On-One meetings and Executive Boardroom sessions presented by top-tier venues.
“Global Direct will feature an elite gathering of organizers who can give the green light to what we hope will become long friendships and lucrative business partnerships,” Gudea said.
Pre-qualified organizers will have all expenses covered, including airfare, hotel, airport transfers and all networking and F&B to ensure that TSE’s Global Direct will be a productive and quality event for everyone.
Visit www.tseglobaldirect.com and click on “Organizers Apply Now” to start the pre-qualification process and be considered for TSE’s Global Direct Hosted Buyer Program.
1550 S. Indiana Avenue
Chicago, IL 60605
Phone: (312) 922-8558
Content may not be reproduced, stored in a retrieval
system or transmitted in any form or by any means
without the written permission of the Publisher.